Subject: Re: UKNM: Worst website sins
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:53:59 +0100

From: Tomski <tomattomski [dot] com> said:

>> I would suggest a general rule of 20% of the budget spent on
>> setting the
>> site up and maintaining it, 80% on promoting and advertising it.
>
>ouch, something hurts deep inside as the thought "I agree with ray" washes
>over my psyche

Don't let it worry you Tom, everyone ends up agreeing with me in the end -
even if they won't admit it :-)

>(and if you ain't got huge buckets of cash, spend the 80% on PR in
>traditional media, at least in the first couple of quarters)

Huge buckets of cash or not, it is important to consider print and other
media as part of an integrated campaign. Good offline PR is very important.
The split of spend on web and other media/activities should depend on many
factors and can only be worked out with detailed knowledge of any individual
campaign. If anyone wants some help in this regards, please feel free to
contact me off list.

Ray Taylor tayloratnmcadplan [dot] com
NMC/Adplan +44 181 249 6313 (new tel no)
The original and best independent online media agency
We're recruiting - contact us for details
Thanks