Subject: RE: UKNM: e-commerce experiences (long!)
From: Andy Proyer - Netsite Ltd
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 18:31:14 GMT

[Hello Rob!]

Well then, since we're at it, here's part of an email that I sent to Orga=
smic Wines yesterday:

... I just wanted to thank Orgasmic Wines for showing me how ecommerce sh=
ould be done.

I ordered from you on Thursday 16th December, and honestly didn't expect =
to get my delivery before Christmas, but lo and behold, it
turned up on 23rd December: I believe that fulfillment and customer goodw=
ill are the most important parts of e-commerce (in fact,
aren't they the most important part of any sort of business?) and you gai=
ned my goodwill by delivering against the odds.

Then, on the same day, you sent me an email giving me, and anyone I cared=
to forward the email to, =A325 off my next order. This is
fantastic, representing nearly a 50% discount off the Red Starter case. O=
ne of my colleagues placed an order on the spot, and I'll
be ordering another case before 10th January. So not only did you gain my=
goodwill by performing well, you then increased it
enormously by offering me an incentive to buy again.

And the wines? A couple that I would class as average, but on the whole, =
and for the money, fantastic (or should I say 'orgasmic')!

So, once again, thank you. For the wines, and for the lesson in ecommerce.

That's it. They're at http://www.orgasmicwines.com if anyone fancies tryi=
ng them. And if you'd like the =A325 quid off, go to their
site and enter a discount code of XMAS before 10th Jan. I promise I have =
no affiliation with the company whatsoever, only
admiration.

Take care

Andy