Subject: Re: UKNM: lastminute.com does delight its customers!
From: Ian Fenn
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:38:02 GMT

Brent Hoberman writes:
> As I have read with interest the comments on lastminute.com, I thought I
> should respond as the managing director of lastminute.com.

Oh, jolly good.

> 1) Product offering. Our range, depth and ability to sell our products
and
> delight both customers and suppliers grow exponentially every month!

So far your product range and depth hasn't extended to flights and holidays
that aren't based on two people sharing. Consequently your success rate in
delighting me is nil.

> 2) Flight fulfillment. We have the best last minute flight fulfilment
> service of any company that I know of.

Really? Expedia, amongst others, offers flights for sole travellers.

> 3) Customer service
>
> I very much regret that one potential customer had a bad experience!

And what about the other potential customers, including myself, that found
lastminute.com did not live up to the hype? I apologise for not contacting
you to make you aware of my displeasure.

> In light of all the very real steps that lastminute.com is making to
provide
> a world class service and help the UK ecommerce industry become a global
> force. I feel it is worthwhile making the above points.

Sure. But you also neglected to tackle my criticism regarding all offers
being based on two people sharing.

> We very much appreciate constructive criticism - but are also very aware
> that favourable press coverage will only encourage negative comments.

I think that is somewhat unfair. I made my comments as I was genuinely
disappointed with the lastminute.com's offering, and another prospective
customer had indicated the same. The existence of favourable media coverage
is irrelevant.

> This
> is why we work even harder to ensure there are no chinks in our armour and
> that no one has any cause to complain.

I look forward to seeing more offers that are not based on two people
sharing!

> lastminute.com had a fantastic 1999
> because it offers both customers and suppliers a great service. There is
no
> hype in our office only a very real focus on results!

Really? I've heard of some very interesting conversations that took place in
your lift!

All the best,

--
Ian